Tuesday, October 4, 2011

That was nice

I woke up late after staying up too late. As soon as I woke my hubby had made lunch so I sat down to eat. Then I put Baby Boy to bed. I decided that I wasn't going to wait until the evening to run with the kids. I wanted some me time and I took it. Hubby put Baby Girl to bed and everyone was asleep by the time I made it back home.

It was a decent run, not great, but decent. I averaged 16:21 miles and did 4.02 miles. The problem lies in the legs still. I don't know what is up with my left hip flexor but, dude give it up already. Then at one point my right knee was aching but apparently I "got over it." And lastly I don't know what gives but my right arch continues to get wicked blisters while running. I believe it stems from the insert in my shoe and my foot is somehow being rubbed the wrong way.

I must say I was *this* close to shortening the trip to 3 miles but I stuck to my guns and pushed it to 4 miles. I'm glad I did. There were positives to today's run.

1) No kids, but it seems they may be motivation to getting home faster. You know, not wanting to hear them bicker all the time.
2) I did not stop once! Sure I still had to walk stretches, but I didn't stand still at all. I am very proud of that.
3) I got to listen to my iPod for the first time in a long time. I love how just the right song can push you through the pain.
4) I finally got to use my heart rate strap to see what my heart it doing. Not too shabby. I'm clearly getting my cardio in.

Tomorrow I plan on either rowing or doing some sort of strength training. And I'm almost certain I'm sold on taking some Saturday morning Zumba classes. I've gotta up my game if I'm going to take home the Biggest Loser prize! ;)

Now I'm off to make some Chicken Veggie Alfredo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...