Thursday, May 5, 2011

An Award


I'm over the moon about this. My new blogland friend, Thunder Thighs, has bestowed upon me the Stylish Blog Award. I'm totally excited about that, since my blog is technically new. I mean, really? Am I worthy of this award? I dunno, but if she says so, it must be true. :)

Ok, the rules to the blog award are:
1. Thank and post a link back to the person who gave it to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award your favorite bloggers and make sure you tell them you did so.
Just Call Me Thunder Thighs; THANK YOU SO MUCH for this award. It really does mean a lot to me. I really enjoy reading your blog and I'm pretty sure everytime I comment I let you know how much you make me laugh, and life isn't worth living without laughter.
1 - So, if you read my blog you are aware that I have two young children. But did you know, they are 13 months 2 days apart? And that before we even conceived our first child I declared I wanted two children by the time I was 30. Little did I know my husband would take it so literally, as baby boy was a happy surprise. I gave birth to Baby Girl on December 31, 2008 then gave birth to Baby Boy on February 2, 2010 and in April of 2010 I turned 30. Phew, just beat that deadline. *insert eye roll*
2 - I was a band nerd-choir geek in highschool, yet I also managed to participate in sports as well. I wasn't a talented althete by any stretch of the imagination but I enjoyed it and am saddened by what "I've become."
3 - Dang this is hard, um...I'm a nature lover. Being born and raised on a farm will do that to you. I used to deer hunt (haven't since I had the kids; wasn't practical to climb 20 feet in the air while 8 months prego), turkey hunt, snag and fish. We will get back to hunting and fishing as soon as the kids are a bit older as I'd really like to teach them the same values I was raised with.
4 - I lived on a farm nearly my whole life (until I got married) and yet I have NO clue how to drive manual transmission. I've technically driven one, in a hay field, which basically all I did was let it roll and hit the brakes when I was told to, so yeah that doesn't count.
5 - I've recently taken up extreme couponing and totally LOVE IT!!! It takes some work and a lot of time management, but it's well worth it in the end, especially on one salary.
6 -  I'm a chocoholic. I have a serious issue w/ M&M's and it is in no way a healthy issue. In order to avoid them they must.not.be.in.the.house. Otherwise I will eat each and every last one until they are gone. No exceptions, no exclusions. If I could have M&M's for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between, I would.
7 - I'm just getting into the swing of things and learning photography. It's always been a passion of mine and until recently I didn't have the proper equipment to learn on. That has changed and I'm seriously in love with my camera. I love the quality difference in my before & after shots with the kids. I'm just tickled about all the possiblities now!

My Honoree's:
*Angie's Healthy Living Blog
*Feed Me I'm Cranky
*I Will Be Skinny
*Making Healthy The Norm
*Mommy Gets Healthy

Phew, aren't you glad you read all that and know more crap than you ever wanted to about me? LOL. Now, go visit my friends in blogland!

2 comments:

Mannie said...

Hi Bobby, thanks for the award, my first ever! I've been into photography, it's great isn't it? I started back in the days of film, things were different then, I had to 'ration' shots because of the cost. Now of course, you can take as many shots as you want, and it's all free! Back then, carrying a camera body, 3 or 4 lenses and a camera bag was a pain though. When I'm at goal for a few years, I'll buy one of those Micro Four Thirds cameras.

I will think about what to write about myself (may take a few days!).

Bella said...

Hi Bobbi! So nice to learn more about you :)
thanks for the award!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...