Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weigh In Day

Yesterday was weigh in day... I meant to post yesterday but man was I whooped after working in the yard.

3.27 = 260.0
4.03 = 258.6

-1.4 pounds

Not too shabby, although my weigh in at home prior to the meeting was 0.5lb lower. ;) But I guess that happens when you're fully clothed & weighing in. LOL.

My first meeting was interesting, this weeks meeting was about the same, HOWEVER after the meeting I stayed for the PowerStart meeting. I totally had to bite my tongue. As part of WW regimen for healthy oils includes Sunflower, Olive, Flax Seed, and Canola. Canola? Blech...I refuse to use a genetically engineered over-hyped bogus oil in my body.  This is a personal decision, but one I will stick to. I have, as you know, switched to Coconut Oil. Why? Because Coconut Oil ORGANIC AND NATURAL!

Anyways, back to the story; a lady asked "what about coconut oil." And, yep you guessed it. She was told "No, it's not a healthy oil." What kind of bogus bull shit is that? Clearly she's only repeating what she's been instructed to tell the members, but none the less I literally bit my tongue when the first oil out of her mouth was Canola as healthy. Rather than beating a dead horse, I'll just say I know what I'm using, I know why I am using it and I know why I will agree to disagree with Weight Watchers on this point. I just hope you out there will do the research for yourself and form your own opinion on what is actually good for your body and what is not. ;)

Right now I'm prepping this weeks grocery list... bring on the fiber. :D Later!

1 comment:

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm also trying to get healthier and fitter so will be keen to learn from you and follow your tips!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...