Thursday, June 16, 2011

Green Smoothies and then some

Today's lunch is brought to you by I.B. Lazy. :)


I went to bed around 2, and slept until 11, thank you hubby. I woke up refreshed and hungry. Of course it wasn't exactly breakfast time so I opted for an easy nummy sammich. Whole wheat bread, 1 slice of laughing cow in lieu of Miracle Whip and a 2.8oz can of Albacore Tuna. I followed it up with a cup of sliced strawberries and a cup of skim milk. Nummy.


Then this afternoon I decided to try out on of those "green smoothies" I keep hearing so much about. Another blogger is constantly raving about them and I finally need to take a leap. Where to start? I googled and there are a bazillion recipes out there. Personally I have to know that it's good before I try something like that, so I emailed Tina and asked if she'd share her proven recipe with me. I'm so glad I did.
Almond milk, spinach, frozen banana, frozen blueberries = Numminess
My smoothie came out a little darker than the ones I've seen, but that's attributed to the blueberries.
Don' you wish you had one too?

So I really really like this smoothie. I'm not going to say love yet, because I used original almond milk as it was already open. The next time I try this I will be using the vanilla almond milk. Pretty much the only thing I could taste was banana. Not even a trace of spinach. YAY! I'm so happy that I've found a variation to the smoothies I will make/consume and now I can make sure I'm getting those added veggies. If you have any variations/recipes that use spinach in your smoothie, let me have it!!!!


Tonight's dinner was Kickin' Chicken. Another new recipe (er spice) and we love it. I paired it with gluten free potato buds and healthy colors steamed veggies. It was a fabulous dinner.


Then we set out for our walk! My goal was 3 miles in 60 minutes, making 20 minute miles. My neighbors decided to join me, with all their kids (3 total) and they did good, they made a few short cuts to keep up with me, but in the end it wasn't too shabby for a first time workout for them. The fabulous news is that I finished 3.02 miles in 56 minutes 2 seconds...18 minute miles!!!! Oh yeah.

Which leads me to the picture above...my new Bondi Bands! Holy cow, these things are a lifesaver, or at least a keep-the-sweat-and-sticky-hair-outta-my-eyes-saver. They are probably the best investment I've made yet. Baby girl of course HAD to wear the "pirate" band. LOL. They do come in kids' sizes, but the adult band seem to fit her head just fine (a little loose, but not enough to worry about). Aren't we stylin'?

Now I'm pooped, and need to go eat a snack before it gets any later. I'm pumped about tomorrow night, but it'll probably be just me and the kids. Hanging in...hanging in. (BTW, you should feel extra special you get to see not one, but two pictures of my face in the same post.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...