Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Step Into Summer {Final Week}


Oops, looks like I'm a smidge behind this week. It's been very busy in our home as of late. I've been pushing through the pain, so to speak, and walking as much as possible. I did run into a little snag here the past couple of days when I did my best time on a three mile walk. I ended up with two blisters on my right heel. I tried using some healing band-aids and walking last night but I only made it a quarter of a mile and I had to ditch both shoes. :( I did complete a mile...barefoot though, so I should get some credit right? LOL.



So I took last night off from walking, and I found my sleep was rather terrible. I don't know if mentally I wasn't worn out so I couldn't sleep well or what. But I do know that working out is making my sleeping period a lot better and it's obvious when I go without...weird dreams, restlessness. I don't like the side affects of not working out that is for certain.

Here's the low down from last week:

Week 11 Goals
  • Continue walking, sticking to a 3 mile goal and push for farther distance if I can.[I've been sticking to a 3 mile goal and trying to keep it under 60 minutes. I never knew that I could push that hard and be successful, and it feels great knowing that I can do it.]
  • Reward myself (pending on good walking habit) with one "eat out splurge." - Yes I apparently have to give myself a "goal" in order to feel good about splurging.[This was accomplished once, so goal checked. And I didn't feel mentally bad about it. My stomach on the other hand was another story.]
  • Keep up the water chugging and avoiding pop.[Doing fabulous here. I cannot believe how easy it has been to give up my daily 2-5 pops!]

My week had a lot of ups and a minor down, but I really feel things are coming together. I know as sure as I type this something will come up to make it seem the opposite. I'm going to hang my hopes on the positives I have going for me right now and pray that I keep on track this week.

Week 12 Goals
  • Continue walking, sticking to a 3 mile goal, with 20 minute miles.
  • Eat/drink more smoothies.
  • Keep up the water chugging and avoiding pop.

3 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

You finished your walk barefoot?! You rock:)

Anonymous said...

I used to go barefoot all the time, but now? Wouldn't even think about it. I would love a pair of those Vibram FiveFingers Walking Shoes. My son has a pair and LOVES them!

Jessica @ Shut Her up with Chocolate said...

Walking barefoot *totally* counts! That's the way to persevere. I'm impressed. Pretty sure I would've limped back to the house and switched on the tube.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...