Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hot Time In The City


Last night I went for a nice 3 mile run...in 100* heat. 48 minutes after we started, we returned home. I was sooooo sweaty. I was proud, I was happy, I was disgusting to smell or touch and I was tired. But mostly I couldn't help but smile at myself. Have you ever had a moment like that? I was smiling over my accomplishment so much that I decided to try and take a self portrait, just for the sake of sharing my grin.



Yes, my Bondi Band may be deep purple, but that there folks is a 100% sweat drenched Bondi Band. My shirt was no better. Oh, and who knew I had dimples??? Haven't seen those suckers in years. :)

Pre-run


Then today it went to hell in a hand basket. The kids are running fevers, Baby Girl was upchucking all over the house, I was a stressed out mess. Sadly my nutrition plan fell apart and I succumbed to all the naughty things stashed in the house that are supposed to be splurging treats...I had four too many of those treats. :/ Lastly I didn't get to go out for a walk or a run due to the aforementioned pukefest. So I suppose tomorrow's a new day and I'll just have to start at square one, hopefully with less puking by children involved.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Beautiful smile Mama! And you should be incredibly proud of your self! You are a rockstar!! I don't know how you do it in that heat! And I'm sooo sorry babies are sick :( I hope they feel better soon and don't sweat the splurge...they happen...it's life ;) I hope today is a better day! HUGS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...