Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicken with Sugar Snap Peas & Spring Herbs

Chicken with Sugar Snap Peas and Spring Herbs

My mouth is watering as I type this...I really, really think I'm going to have another serving of this tonight!

I went on the prowl for a simple, easy recipe using ingredients I already had on hand. This one fit the bill to a T, well almost. I didn't have any artichoke hearts on hand, but the rest I did so we were in business. I also didn't have the reduced-sodium chicken broth. It called for a cup, so I made some from a chicken bouillon cube. I also used whole-wheat flour instead of all purpose.

One minor downfall...the peas tasted like salt. I barely got a hint of the Dijon mustard in there. So I will tweak the recipe next time and only include half of the salt the recipe calls for. Otherwise it was a home run with not only me but both kids!





Here's what I had on hand.

Close up of the spices/herbs

 
The sauce and chicken broth.

The sauce all mixed up and ready to go.

Floured chicken in the pan.

Veggies and sauce simmering.

The final product.
I will be making this again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...