Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chili Cornbread Casserole

I'm a casserole loving gal, but finding dishes that aren't exploding with 2,000 plus mg of sodium per serving are difficult. This dish is still a little on the high side with the sodium but it was so tempting I had to try it.

I mean really, we're talking about chili combined with cornbread, how can you go wrong? Well apparently you can't! The chili has amazing flavor and is loaded with bell peppers and tomatoes so you're getting a great serving of vegetables. The cornbread is made with whole wheat flower and cilantro for pizazz. I mean it is down-right mouthwatering. I must also say the portions are rather generous. I highly recommend this recipe.




I give it five out of five apples. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...