Sunday, July 14, 2013

Clean Eating Peach Crumble

 photo IMG_6725A_zps6329b486.jpg

Tonight Baby Girl insisted we make a pie. In all honesty what she really wanted was more fruit... So I took three of our peaches and made a Clean Eating Peach Crumble. Before I get to the recipe I have to tell you just how excited I was to find the secret ingredient during our grocery trip!

I love making my own butter, but I also love drinking the cream in my Raw Milk. The next best thing to making my own butter is Kerrygold! I've been looking high and low and FINALLY Sam's had some. Kerrygold is a natural butter made from the milk of grass-fed cows. TWO... let me say that again... TWO INGREDIENTS!!! Sweet cream from pasteurized milk and sea salt. You would have thought I won the lottery when I found it.

 photo IMG_6713_zpsfe95c813.png
So, now you know the secret ingredient is REAL BUTTER. ;) I also have a set of nesting ramekins so Baby Girl claims the little one as hers. Clearly this is not something I make all of the time, but it's a great treat! And if you're screaming at your computer wondering why butter?!?! BECAUSE IT'S GOOD FOR YOU, at least the real stuff**.


 photo IMG_6710_zpsa88b7264.jpg
Before the oven
Clean Eating Peach Crumble
bobbinsharpfitness.blogspot.com

Ingredients:  


Directions: 

Pre-heat your oven to 375°. Slice and peel peaches, cutting into uniform pieces. Place peaches into each ramekin until 3/4 full. In a bowl combine the oats and cane sugar, mix well. Pour melted butter over the mixture and stir until well mixed. Spoon oat mixture onto the top of each peach filled ramekin until evenly distributed. Place ramekins in the oven, preferably on a cookie or pizza sheet  in case of a boil over. Cook until the peaches are bubbly.

Because of the size difference of my ramekins, the times varied: Small = 15 minutes, Medium = 20 minutes, Large = 25 minutes.

Make sure to watch closely as the sugar can burn if left unattended. Enjoy!


 photo IMG_6724_zps8932c234.jpg
After the oven

 photo IMG_6719_zps9b892b2b.jpg

Let me know if you give this a try and how you love it!


**If you're new to my blog please remember that I do what's right for me and my family and not everyone may agree, but many hours of research have led me to butter and it's healthy fat properties. Of course the chemical filled fake and zero calorie "butters" will never be found in my home again, but I digress... do the research for yourself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...