Monday, January 16, 2012

New Plan

I have been trying to write this post for three days now...three. It's not that I didn't want to write it, it's just that life has been keeping me occupied. ;0)

Friday was grocery day. This time we had a different approach, or shopping list. Fresh veggies and fruit. While we're not strangers to the concept buying the copious amounts of fresh food was a first. See all the pretty food?




Now you may be wondering what's up with the drawer full of veggies and the random fruits and veggies shoved where ever I could get them to fit in the fridge. Well, I have a new plan of attack. I've been wanting to try this for a long time but was never motivated to give a go. But I'm going to give it a 100% full honest go. But before I get to that...


I picked up some egg beaters, egg whites and their new Florentine mix. Can you say breakfast? Yes, I'm actually going to make an attempt to make breakfast AND eat it. Now as I type this I'm eating the florentine egg beaters omelet with laughing cows garlic & herb cheese on it...YUMMY!

Now, the new plan... I'm going to try adding juicing to my nutrition plan. I'm not fasting or doing a juicing fast or anything like that. I'm just incorporating more fruits and veggies into my meal plan by the way of straight up juice. So that where these come into play:


I have a drawer full of kale, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, and celery. Also in the fridge are tomatoes, grapes, strawberries, kiwis, broccoli, lemons and tofu. On the counter we are stocked full of cuties, oranges, apples and bananas. So here's how I began this morning; a mixture of kale, cucumber, lettuce, celery, carrot, tomato and green apple.


I have to admit it wasn't too bad. I can definitely say the kale is very pungent and I would not be able to drink it without the apple in there. You're also suppose to juice as you drink. Well I wasn't sure how much juice it would yield so I got a little over zealous and ended up with three servings. That's a 32oz container sitting there. ;) So I sealed the other two portions and placed it in the fridge where it will await me to drink my next portion before lunch.

I've read all the warnings regarding how juicing is going to affect me initially. I'm prepared for the grouchiness and tired experiences I may feel as the juices flush the toxins out of my body. So, hang in there with me if I get rather grumpy when posting in the near future.

Another fun first, I bought a new scale...it's one of those high tech weight watchers scales that analyze your body fat, body water, bone mass, and provides a BMI. Without further adieu...


As of this morning my weight is 255.5, body fat is 106.9 pounds (or 41.9%), bone mass is 7.5%, body water is 42.4% and BMI is 41.6.

Now, let's break this down shall we?

Weight: Holllee crap. So I went from 239 at my lowest last year to 255. *insert frowny face* What is going on? Well number one - Hormones. Damn girly hormones. Not only am I still lactating but I find out that my lovely IUD involves progesterone which makes it near impossible to lose weight and causes weight gain. Fan-freaking-tastic. So where do I go from here? Well I up the protein intake, and pray that weaning my son and adding juice into the mix will help. Otherwise I'm screwed until 2015 and that is just.not.an.option.

Body Fat: What is this? What does it mean? {A person's body fat percentage is the total weight of the person's fat divided by the person's weight and consists of essential body fat and storage body fat. } What I'm reading: I'm made up of 106.9 pounds of fat or 41.9% = OBESE. Not happy about this.


Bone Mass: Mine is 7.5%. I'm really not too worried about that number. It's more for those who are post-menopausal, or have certain diseases or take medication that may affect bone mass.


Body Water: I'm at 42.4%. From what I gather, this is a way to gauge if I'm taking in enough fluids and am well hydrated. Right now I'm sitting in the low range, so I need to up the water intake.


BMI: 41.6, let me repeat that 41.6. This means me = obese. This number in its current state disgusts me.


So where does this leave me? Determined. I'm determined to get this weight off the right way. I'm determined to never come back to this place, ever. I'm determined to move forward, in the right direction to ensure I'm here for my babies. And it all started today. Now will you see a flood of new posts from me? Unlikely, but from time to time I'll update. If I'm going to make this work, I need to avoid plopping down in front of the computer all the time. Just saying. ;) I do have a new recipe to throw out there, but I'll have to do it later.

For now I must get off my toosh and do some work.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You go girl! I'm cheering you on.

Summer said...

Looks like you are back on track. Your fridge looks great.

We can do this! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...