Monday, June 4, 2012

Catching Up...Again

Where to start? Guess I'll start with today... I ran in 91 degree heat!!!! Not only did I run in 91 degree heat but I ran for half mile straight at my longest without a break. That's HUGE for me. AND...oh yes there's another and, I beat my best pace. 15:40. I'm kickin' booty and takin' names!

Photobucket

Photobucket
As for the food...I've been trying a lot of new things. Trying to keep it from getting boring. So, pardon the picture overload.
Photobucket





I've always love my Mom's baked butternut squash, but I obviously had to go a different route in regards to what to put on it. My mom used to slather it in fatty butter and pour on tons of brown sugar.

I kept to the same concept but switched up the ingredients. I opted for a butter spray and Coconut Sugar.

Photobucket
Coconut Sugar Nutrition Facts

Photobucket
Before

Photobucket
After
No, it wasn't the same super sweet squash I recall from my childhood, but it certainly didn't disappoint. I paired it with some rice, steamed broccoli and Broccoli stuffed chicken breasts.


Photobucket
Rosemary Salmon & Steamed Green Beans

Photobucket
Spinach Egg Omelet & Fresh Peach

Photobucket
Mini Turkey Muffins, Brown Rice, and Steamed Veggies

Photobucket

I've also found and tried the laughing cow cream cheeses. Num Num Num. This is the strawberry cream cheese. I snacked on it with some fresh cauliflower and the Queso cheese.


Photobucket
Mini German Pancakes
I found this yummy recipe for Mini German Pancakes...They're awesome for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. They're especially great with fresh strawberries.

Photobucket
And of course I've been grilling a bunch. I tried some summer squash lightly brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt & pepper. I paired it with a yummy fruit salad that included hot grilled bell peppers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And lastly I've tried the Laughing Cow Cinnamon cream cheese. It's okay, not super duper like I expected, but it's edible. But my new favorite fruit combo is mango and strawberry. Num, num, num. 

Wish me luck tomorrow at weigh in!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...