Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day One, Weight Watchers

Well, I took the leap after an amazing friend gave me an opportunity I might not of otherwise had, and I signed up for weight watchers last night. Today was day one. I also attended my first meeting this morning. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised at the energy in the room.

But prior to the meeting I registered and weighed in. Yeah, Sadly I've gained more than I initially thought and weighed in at 260.0. But that's okay, it's a starting point and it will only go down from there. I feel really good about the support system I have in place now and I'm already diggin' on the points system versus counting calories.

For now I'll take it day by day. I even stuck to my new workout habit and walked today. I figured I'd give my right knee a break from running and just walk it. I was hoping to pound out 4 miles, but I settled for a little over 3 miles in an hour. Well, off to bed. Tomorrow's another day.

Despite what the picture shows, my actual pace time was around 17-18 minutes!!!!




1 comment:

Summer said...

LOL! Looks like we are in the same boat :) I just started weight watchers (again) this week and weighed in at 257 :( Up more than I had hoped. I am also taking it easy this week with the workouts because of my right knee. So funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...