Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Giving Thanks 5K


Am I crazy? Heck no. LOL. My fun-loving "Lean Ladies" group has decided to try and get together for a fun run on Thanksgiving morning as many of us have friends in common in real life, but not all of us have met in person.

I've never done a Turkey Trot before, but this one is relatively flat so I figured, why not? Then we find out that it's open to strollers & dogs. So, rather than trying to find a sitter for that morning (the hub's is working Thanksgiving) I decided to enter the Stroller Division. So I will not only be doing my first timed 5K race, but I will also be shoving the kids in front of me. :)

I also like that the race proceeds benefit the transitional housing authority for our local homeless families. And being that I'm a giving person, I LOVE the support this race is providing. I'm excited!!!! Wish Me Luck!

Are you partaking in a Thanksgiving race?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...