Monday, May 14, 2012

Busy Work

Sorry for  the lack of posts lately. I've been focusing on hair bows and exercise so the blog's been neglected. Here's a couple of things I've meant to post lately. I've been working on increasing my distance. The last two days we squeaked in five miles or more each day. Today I slow jogged enough to get over 5.5 miles in the time it took me to walk 5 miles yesterday. So, not too shabby.

Photobucket
Last week I was FINALLY able to try Lavash Pizza after asking my deli if they sold Lavash since I cannot find it anywhere. They sold me one piece, since I wanted to try it first. We tried the Lavash Flatbread Pizza recipe from Skinny Taste. We browned up some lean ground beef, chopped bell pepper & red onion and it was magnificent! And, my recipe was a whopping 4PP for a quarter of the pizza!

That left me with a bit of a delima. What to do with the rest of the jar of pizza sauce? Sure I could have gone back to the store and bought a few more slices of Lavash, but hey I'm all for trying something new. So in a quick fix I made up Pizza Chicken. Yes, I'm that silly. I also tried a new method of cleaning corn on the cob which worked like a charm; How to never shuck corn again. I also tried some fabulous Organic EVO that was butter flavored on my corn.


Pizza Chicken

  • 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut into four halves
  • 1/2c. Prego Pizza Sauce, Pizzeria Style
  • 1/4c. Fat Free Shredded Mozarella
Pan "fry" your chicken, turning until no longer pink. Divide the pizza sauce over the top of all four pieces of chicken. Sprinkle the mozarella over each piece of chicken. Let simmer until cheese begins to melt. Serves 4. 4PP



Photobucket

Yesterday I needed something for lunch and I just couldn't decide what I wanted. So I through a mish mash together. I had a roasted chicken sandwich and on the side, celery with peanut butter and raw broccoli and cauliflower. It was surprisingly good and filling. Chips need not apply.

Tomorrow is weigh in day, so I shall return!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...