Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Getting to a Smaller Size

This is probably going to be a jumbled mess as I'm typing it while watching the election results. Forgive me, okay? LOL.


Photobucket Photobucket

I tried a new recipe and am in LOVE!!! I love buffalo wings, so I tried combing a couple of recipes to make a crockpot version. Mmmmmm, spicy, tender chicken wrapped up in Boston lettuce? Yes please!

Since Halloween is over and the kids brought home twenty pounds of chocolate I had to work quickly to get it put away. I tried this method for their Easter candy as well, and it works beautifully! In fact, they just ate the last piece of Easter candy a couple of weeks ago.

Photobucket

First I bust out my handy Food Saver vacuum sealer and jar attachment. Then I sorted the candies into different jars, yes I have severe OCD and they have to be with like candy. Then I simply stick a lid on (minus the ring) followed by the vacuum attachment and hit "cannister" on my vacuum sealer and voila! Candy that is oxygen free and will last forever. Okay, so not forever but long enough that it will probably still be around come next Halloween. 

As you can see there's the "good stuff" sealed up in jars and to the left are three more containers of candy. Sigh. That is the "crap" I won't eat. It's also stuff I use as rewards from time to time (aka suckers, hard candies, gummies and the like).

So why? Well I have found that if I simply allow the candy to sit in the kitchen I will devour it slowly binge on it all at once. You know the old theory "I can't throw it away so I'll get it out of the house as quickly as possible method which requires me shoving every last piece in my face." Say I'm not the only one? So I starting vacuuming the candy that I normally would eat and placing it out of sight in the dry storage. This seems to be the method that works for me and has kept my hands out of the candy jar.

Photobucket

In other fabulous news I recently was sent to buy a new pair of jeans. I guess the hubs is tired of my jeans coming down without being unbuttoned. LOL. So I decided to grab a smaller size and head off to the dressing room and in my mind I knew they would be too small. I mean really I haven't seen this size in 15+ years? To my surprise they fit... and comfortably. I sat down in the dressing room and proceeded to bawl my eyes out. This was a huge step for me in the right direction. My daughter happened to be with me and she was worried about me, but I looked at her, gave her a kiss on the forehead and told her Mommy was okay. That I simply had tears of joy in my eyes.

And to get back to my election results... (I'm not usually a nerd when it comes to political stuff but there's a lot of issues I'm following this year)...

Photobucket
I did my duty and with two kids in tow all before weigh in. :-)

2 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

Congrats on the pants!! Such an amazing feeling!!! Keep up the great work!

~Ashley~ said...

Congrats on the lower weight and smaller jeans!!!! I'm not sure what it is, but there is absolutely NOTHING like hitting a smaller jeans size. :-) Oh, and nice idea about the candy, although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't need vacuum-sealing to preserve chocolate in my house. Unless maybe I sealed those puppies with a little super glue instead ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...