Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hanging In There {Broccoli & Cheese Mini Omelets}


The title pretty much says it all. I'm hanging tough with the WW program. I've had a couple "hungry days", I'm pretty sure it TOM related. But I'm kind of enjoying the new serge of energy I'm getting from all of the fabulous HEALTHY food I've been downing. That's not to say I haven't had a piece of chocolate or two, but you know what? I've been honest about it with myself. Yep...I logged all FOUR of those Cadbury eggs I ate throughout yesterday. And I'm not sad about it, I'm not hiding it like it didn't happen. I'm human. It's going to happen. But that was the only temptation I brought into the house and now they're gone. LOL.

I'm also hanging in there because...it's my 32nd birthday. Nothing special about today other than I've turned another year older. My hubby took us out to lunch after dance class. It was awesome. I had a salad with one strip of breaded chicken on it. I even ordered no croutons and cheese on the side! Look at me rocking it at the restaurant. Then the hubs spoke up and told the waitress it was my birthday so I got a free slice of pie. I opted for a no sugar added slice of chocolate pie. Sadly I didn't finish it...it was too sweet. How bizarre is that? It also helps my tummy was full of yummy fiber. ;)

Tonight, as the hubby slept, I opted for breakfast for dinner. I was dieing to try out this awesome recipe from Skinny Taste. 2 Points Plus per "muffin." I accidentally forgot the olive oil and I substituted with mozzarella since it's what I had, didn't change the points value, but they were still awesome! And now I have a few in the fridge for breakfast the next couple of days. I paired it with a cup of fresh cut fruit and had dinner for 6PP (because I ate three muffins).

If you have any awesome ideas for spicing up this recipe, let me know!



Broccoli and Cheese Mini Egg Omelets
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: Makes 9 cupcakes Old Points: 2 pts each • Points+: 2 pts each
Calories: 103.9 • Fat: 6.5 g Carbs: 2.7 g • Fiber: 1.2 g Protein: 8.7 g

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups broccoli florets
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 1 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar
  • 1/4 cup good grated cheese like Pecorino Romano
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.
When broccoli is cooked, mash into smaller pieces and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.

Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into 9 tins.

In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full. Top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...