Thursday, April 12, 2012

Working It {Ginger Shrimp}

I'm still strutting along. This morning we were going to go for a walk, the hubby was going to ride his bike along side us, but then my son decided to kick him where it hurts. So there went that idea. I was already ready to go so I took the kids out on my own and within 10 minutes I was circling back home to drop the kids off. I was NOT going to stress over them crying and fussing for an hour.

So I was off on my own. It was nice. Cold and windy...and then rainy, but nice. I was able to clear my head, listen to some tunes and walk at my pace while not worrying about shoving 100+ pounds around in a stroller. Bliss!

I've been trying a bunch of new recipes here lately, mainly WW friendly, but some I'm tossing together myself. We've had a couple of misses, but the last two days we've had several hits. This being one of them... My variation of a popular WW recipe.







Ingredients


Instructions

  • In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sherry and water; set aside.
  • Coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add oil; heat until oil begins to shimmer. Add ginger; cook, stirring frequently, until ginger becomes fragrant and starts to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions and squash; cook, stirring frequently, until onions start to release their moisture, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque and pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in soy mixture; cook until well-blended and heated through, about 1 or 2 minutes. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.

This was such a huge hit. I love the taste of ginger, I'm not a huge onion fan, but I think the addition of the squash and the overall flavor of the dish hid the onion so well. I highly recommend this dish. Spice it up with all sorts of vegetables! I can't wait to make this again.

I also stepped on the scale this morning... 254.7 pounds. Praying it sticks come Tuesday. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...