Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Review & 2013 Goals

BlankBook

I am not a fan of resolutions. Not because I can't keep them, but I've just never been one to make resolutions. I find them pointless. I will however be outlining some goals for the new year as well as looking back on some accomplishments from 2012.

Let's start with the picture above. How stinking true is that? I cannot wait to begin my book.




To start my new year off right I've decided I'm going to attempt Gracious Pantry's Clean Eater's No Sugar Challenge. This means no foods that have added sugar of any kind, including added natural or artificial sweeteners  I'm only a few hours into my first day and I cannot believe how many things have sugar added into them. I have been avoiding processed food for quite some time, as best I can, but even the things I have chose to consume have things in them I wasn't aware of. It's amazing how many "health" foods, or at least better for you foods, still have sugar added into them. :P

This is going to be a difficult challenge for me I can already tell, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I intend to start a draft page here on the blog to log how each day goes. I may or may not write every day, but I plan to chronicle this journey over the next 30 days. I'm a chocoholic, and sweet lover so I know I will struggle but I'm truly hoping to succeed and finally get past the impulses where I have to shove candy and sweets in my pie hole when I'm not truly craving them.

Reason number two this will be a struggle? Today we are celebrating baby girls' birthday... with cake and frozen yogurt. :P So that is why I will try to avoid the sugars today, but I am going to indulge in a small piece of cake a single portion of frozen yogurt this evening. But beginning tomorrow I will be 100% on the challenge. :)

The challenge length is determined by the person partaking, but it is suggested that you complete a two week minimum. I however am going to try for 30 days. Wish me luck.

arm weight wmn

I've also decided that I will start lifting. I'm not sure where to start and I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish this, but it WILL happen. We have some weights here at home so I will start there. I really want to get into lifting in addition to my cardio. So for now I will keep researching and make it work as I go. I cannot afford a gym membership, so I will do what I have to, to get it done at home.

fireworks_new_year_2013_wallpaper

Looking back over the last year I've accomplished more than I dreamed possible. After so many failures this was my year to get it right. I started Weight Watchers on March 27th. Nine months later I have managed to lose 62 pounds with less than 40 pounds to lose to see my initial goal. I am amazed at my progress. I've seen ups and downs with the program but I've stuck with it. This is HUGE for me as I've never made it past a week with anything else I've tried.

I've also completed two races this past year. My first 5K and 10K. Never in my wildest thoughts did I think I'd run as an adult in timed races. That's just crazy talk when you're over 200 pounds. But I did it. I've managed to push my body to do something I used to love doing as a teenager. It is such a great feeling of accomplishment and I look forward to my 2013 race season.

I'm hoping in the next three months to get close to my goal with the No Sugar Challenge and weight lifting. Only time will tell. :)

I don't want it to seem like this has been a smooth ride because it has been anything but. I've doubted myself, struggled with fatty foods, injury and overkill of sweets from time to time. But the difference for me this year has been the amount of support within my WW group. I have been able to go to my meetings, pick myself up and jump back on the horse regardless of "what happened".  Thank you to everyone who has popped by from time to time and left words of encouragement through out this journey. My journey is far from over and I appreciate everything YOU have done to help me. :)

Here's to 2013! I hope you'll stick around.


2 comments:

BEE said...

congrats on the 62 pound loss
happy new year

Lovebug6100 said...

You can do this...and I'm going to cheer you from the sidelines!!! I'm thinking about training for a 5k...I know it's highly unlikely that I'll ever be able to run that far between my pulmonary and orthopaedic problems....but if I can find a training partner, I'm going to give it a try...I want to do the color run which is for a good cause and a lot of fun!! Thanks for continuing to inspire me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...