Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yay! It Came Today

When I was in high school I was diagnosed with Patellofemoral Syndrome. Since I've gotten back to working out, it is obviously clear that my tendons are still week. I've had hella knee pain which of course was discouraging me from working out.

Did you read that? WAS!!!! Way back when my doctor gave me a patella knee strap to help stabilize the tendon and knee cap. This in turn reduces the inflammation and pain I suffer. So when my knee started acting up again I went in search of my knee strap but amazingly it's no where to be found. :(

So I hopped on Amazon and purchased another knee strap and it arrived today. It's not exactly like the one I had before, but it will work. The previous one had "air technology" and this one has some sort of tube running across the front. I do however like the adjustment features on the new strap versus the old one.

So while the kids were down for their naps I strapped up and hopped on the treadmill all 265 pounds of me (as of this morning). I started out for my leisurely walk but while watching the last episode of BL I upped my game and forced myself to do several sprints and increase my walking speed during my workout. I was actually impressed with myself. Now I'm tired and ready to hit the sack.

Tomorrow's another day and I'll get right back on the "horse" now that I have the support I needed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...