Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Friend....The Treadmill


Ah, old friend, you've been collecting dust for far too long. Hidden away in the dark depths of the basement, so I made my husband drag you upstairs and into the light. I know that if I "don't feel" like working out with a DVD I can at least walk while watching television. I feel very confident about this, confident that I can keep it up, confident that I'm going to continue to see my weight drop.

This has led me to two workouts this week (so far), and I'm not going to stop there. I cannot stop there. I've also been tossing around thoughts in my head. I've been trying to figure out why things aren't clicking. Why is it that if I focus on good eating I can't get workouts done? Why is it that if I workout my nutrition goes in the crapper? Seriously, you would think one could multi-task and get both to sync up. Slowly I'm finding that they are merging. Slowly I've found that losing weight isn't as easy as every infomercial makes it out to be. It is work, work that wasn't being done that got me to where I am. So I suppose I've had an epiphany of some kind and things are starting to click and I'm seeing the weight come off. This is very encouraging for me, and I need all the motivation I can get.

My goal for the rest of the week is to keep up the momentum, if I don't workout with a DVD, I need to at least walk the treadmill for a minimum of twenty minutes. I'm super stoked, seriously, why it never clicked before I don't know. Now I'm not saying I know it all, but I'm learning and that's half the battle right there.

Question: What motivates you?

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...