Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beef & Bean Chile Verde


I'm a bit of a chili connoisseur. I've made my dad's secret chili recipe for many years now. It's the type of chili that burns your butt hairs off, and I love every bite of it. So I wasn't sure how I would take trying another chili recipe, after all I've tried tons of other's recipes and blah, they just don't do it for me. I was skeptical to say the least.

It only took me a half hour to prepare dinner. This is primarily because I had already chopped the veggies and frozen them ahead of time, so when I was ready to make the chili I just had to pull them out. That saved me about 20 minutes of prep time, 45 minutes if you take into consideration I was dealing with both children at the same time. After browning the meat and adding the seasonings, wow, that was one fragrant pot of chili. Very delightful to the nose. I was curious how I would handle bell peppers in my chili. I was pleasantly surprised that it added just a bit of sweetness to it. And I'm not sure if it was a combination of the spices or the green salsa, but it had a bit of an after kick with eat bite. I believe I'm going to have to try this recipe out on my dad and see what he thinks of it.

I give it five out of five apples.



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...