Friday, June 10, 2011

Splurge Day?

Today was a "splurge" day. Well, I guess you'd call it that. I kept my food in check, but this evening I splurged on left over Easter candy that had been hidden away. The sad thing is that I feel terrible about it. I don't get it. I've been avoiding even intentional splurging so that I can stay focused on eating better, and quite frankly I almost feel sick to my stomach for all of the starbursts and mini kit-kats. Sigh.

Does everyone feel "icky" after splurging? It's not like I had a ton of it or anything. And I know I need to splurge every now and again, I just don't understand what's going on mentally with me...you know? It's like I'm punishing myself mentally? I don't know, I just wish my tummy felt better... :/

5 comments:

Alison said...

The other weekend when I splurged with my fam, it felt like CRAP on Monday! It was awful, so I totally know what you're talking about. I guess our bodies are adjusted to eating well now and when we put crap in it our bodies are saying "what the @*!#?" Ya know?

Mentally, you are right, we all need a splurge, so try not to feel guilty about it. Maybe we just need do choose "healthier" splurges.

Doing great girlie and hope you are feeling better this morning!! :)

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic said...

I generally don't feel physically bad when I splurge, but I feel awful mentally. Sometimes I let it get me down to the point of giving up. (Which I don't recommend! :-) They key is to keep going. Also, you said you didn't eat a lot of it - that could be seen as progress. It would be for me.

Jessica @ Shut Her up with Chocolate said...

I hear you. It's as if the anticipation of the splurge is best part. The actual splurge is a let down.

Mannie said...

I don't understand the psychology of splurges and cravings either. I need to go no more than about 10 days without my sugar "fix", even though I think that I should be able to do more. Afterwards I think to myself "is that it?" and feel a bit disappointed.

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Oh yes. I feel guilty after I splurge and, depending what I ate, sometimes I feel physically crappy too:(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...