Saturday, June 4, 2011

Feeling great

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days...I've been a busy gal. The day before yesterday I took the kids for a promised walk after dinner. Two kids (50-60lbs) plus a 60lb double stroller up and down my hilly neighborhood in the nasty muggy humid weather we're having equalled one great sweaty work out! I was rather proud of myself.

I still need to get on the treadmill...but yesterday I spent the entire day walking, pushing, and lifting. Yup, it was grocery day. I had to do it alone, with a toddler in tow. Let me tell you I sweated my butt off to the point I'm now raw between the legs (sorry I have no TMI filter).  BOO! My legs are sore, so so so sore. The great news is, thanks to my super couponing skills, that I was able score some great fresh produce. I've been trying to fit more and more fresh veggies & fruit into our meals. Quite frankly my kids are fruit babies. They LOVE any fruit they can get their hands on and that makes me happy. In fact I'm munchin' down on a fresh Georgia Peach right now. Mmmm...

I do have another recipe to post from a couple nights ago. I'll get to it, but I want to make sure I at least squeeze in some time on the treadmill, and I'm sure you all understand that that is more important at this point in my journey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...