Friday, April 29, 2011

Super Easy Chicken

Who doesn't like a great recipe with the words "Super Easy" in them? This has been a long time favorite of my family's and I can't believe it's been so long since I've made it.

The  best part of this recipe...you don't have to cook anything!!!  Okay, well technically you have to cook the chicken (I don't advise eating raw poultry), but the secret is in the crockpot. ;)

This is a really versatile recipe as well because you can pair it just about any kind of vegetable you like. My favorite is Green Giant Steamers, Broccoli & Cheese Sauce. I also like to have mine with rice using the reserved juices from the crockpot.

That being said a crockpot is required...
 Super Easy Chicken

4 frozen chicken breast halves [I prefer boneless, skinless chicken breasts.]
1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix [I use Good Seasons, it can be found in the dressing aisle.]
1 cup warm water, or chicken stock [I use Swanson's Reduced Sodium Broth]

1. Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with dressing mix. pour water/broth over chicken.
2. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours [If low on time, you can cook it for 3-4 hours on high.]

Makes 4 servings at 112 calories


If you like flavored rice, here's a great way to use the juices from the crockpot and not "waste" them.

2 cups reserved juice from the crockpot [Mine has approx. 1 1/2cups left, so I make up the difference with warm water]
2 cups Minute Rice [White Long Grain is what I had on hand]

1. Pour juices into a microwave safe dish.
2. Add rice.
3. Cook per rice package directions
4. Enjoy!

I also wanted throw in a picture of my new love...portable, comes in their own packaging, and oh so yummy!



1 comment:

Alana Jo said...

That looks yummy!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...