Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Things Are Not Looking Promising...

I'm dreading this next weigh in... I hopped on the scale this morning/afternoon and well, sadly it was up THREE POUNDS.

My excuse...no sleep, no exercise, and um you remember those cookies? The FOUR DOZEN we made, yeah they disappeared in two days time. And I'm pretty sure the kids only had 5, maybe. So that means either my husband or I ate them. Guess I should be woman enough to admit that after finding my strength yesterday I lost it over night.

I did.not.sleep. I actually crawled in bed at 9am after my hubby relieved me of the kids. So no sleep + eating waaaaay too many cookies is not making my next "official" weigh in look pretty. Maybe I can recover? I mean it is only Wednesday right? And there are no more cookies in the house, so I *should* be able to make up some ground right?

Oh yeah, then there's the issue of my toe. Yeah, I broke my pinky toe. So now that it's gorgeous and 60 outside I don't feel like taking the kids for a walk because of the throbbing pain in my foot and ankle. Ugh. The black & blue has really set in on the inside of my toe. I actually had both the pinky and the next to last toe in pain after I kicked the door jam. Since then the other toe has quit hurting, but both toes are swollen and now the pinky is turning all sorts of shades of bruised.


Why do I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure or a back slide? This makes me sad.

3 comments:

ThunderThighs said...

Awww :( I'll think good thoughts for you. And why did you go and kick that door anyways?!?! (j/k) I hope you feel better soon. I'm going through some of that down-hearted-ness too. We will make it through!!

Sarah said...

You shouldn't feel like a failure! We're human and we're entitled to make mistakes. If I beat myself up every time I ate something I shouldn't, I'd be as black and blue as your poor little toe. Tomorrow is a new day and you have a new week. Make the best of it that you can and your HYC people are always here for you. :)

Hope that toe heals up quickly!!

Alison said...

Don't get down Bobbi! You are doing so well! Remember, we ALL have days where we feel like we've done crappy and all the OLD emotions of always failing come back, but remember those are OLD emotions. Focus on the NEW you and the NEW emotions of success that you have felt over the last couple months! This will NOT be a major set back, it's just one weigh in of many... you are doing fabulous Bobbi, remember that! HUGS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...